top of page
Interior of an airport terminal with people walking near departure gates

Non Immigrant Visas

Non Immigrant Visas>

Allow foreign individuals to temporarily visit, work, or study in the U.S. for a specific purpose or duration depending on the type of visa.

Below are Some of the Most Common Non immigrant Visas

B-1/B-2 Visa for Business or Tourism

The B-1/B-2 visa is a temporary visa that allows you to enter the United States for a limited period of time, which can be extended for up to six (6) months with a valid reason.

The B-1 visa is intended for business purposes or educational training. With a B-1 visa, you can engage in commercial transactions not involving gainful employment, such as negotiating contracts, participating in litigation, and consulting with clients or business associates.

The B-2 visa is the most common non-immigrant visa, primarily for tourism, social visits, family visits, and health purposes. To obtain a B-2 visa, you must show that you have sufficient financial means to support yourself during your temporary stay, as well as provide documentation to demonstrate ties to your home country.

E1/E2 Visa for Treaty Traders, Treaty Investors and their Employees

The E visa provides a pathway for foreign nationals to live and work in the United States by making an investment in a U.S. business. However, this visa is only available to nationals of countries that have a commerce treaty with the U.S.

H-1B Visa for Specialty Occupation Workers

The H-1B visa is a professional visa designed for foreign employees who have been offered professional jobs by a U.S. employer. To be eligible for this visa, the beneficiary must have education, specialized training, and/or progressively responsible experience equivalent to the completion of a US bachelor's or higher degree in the specialty occupation.

H1B1 Chilean and Singapore

The H-1B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa specifically tailored for professionals from Chile and Singapore who wish to work temporarily in the United States in specialty occupations. This visa category allows qualified individuals to work for a sponsoring employer in the US for an initial period of up to 18 months, with the opportunity for extension.

H-2 Visas for Temporary or Seasonal Workers

The H-2 visa program allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers for temporary or seasonal work in various industries. It includes two categories: H-2A for agricultural work and H-2B for non-agricultural work, such as in hospitality, construction, and landscaping. Employers must prove a shortage of available U.S. workers and comply with regulatory requirements, such as providing housing and transportation for the workers. The visas are valid for the duration of the job offer, typically up to one year, with the possibility of extensions. Workers can also bring their spouses and children under 21 with them on an H-4 visa.

L-1 Visa for Intracompany Transferees

The L-1 visa, commonly known as the intracompany transferee visa, allows applicants to work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of their current foreign employer in a managerial or executive capacity or in a position requiring specialized knowledge. To be eligible, the applicant must have been employed by the same employer abroad continuously for one year within the three preceding years.

O Visa for Individuals with Extraordinary Ability

The O  nonimmigrant visa is designed for foreign nationals who possess extraordinary ability or extraordinary achievement in various fields, or those with critical skills and experience in association with such an individual. To qualify, you must provide evidence of sustained national or international acclaim or the receipt of internationally recognized awards. The visa is valid for up to three years and can be extended.

P Visa for Artists, Athletes and Entertainers

The P nonimmigrant visa category is designed for foreign nationals who are athletes, artists, and entertainers and wish to enter the United States for a specific event, competition, or performance. The visa can be granted for a limited period of time and is subject to certain eligibility criteria.

TN Visa for Mexican and Canadian Professionals

The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the United States in prearranged business activities for U.S. or foreign employers. Permanent residents of Canada and Mexico are not able to apply for TN visas to work as NAFTA professionals.

J/Q Visa for Cultural and Exchange Visitors

There are two nonimmigrant visa categories for persons who want to participate in Exchange Visitor programs in the United States. The J nonimmigrant classification is for participants of exchange programs, designated by the Department of State, that are designed to promote educational and cultural exchanges between the United States and other countries. The Q nonimmigrant classification is for participants of international cultural exchange programs designated by the Department of Homeland Security.

R Visa for Religious Workers

Ministers and non-ministers in religious vocations and occupations may come to the U.S. temporarily for the purpose of performing religious work.

How Canero Fadul Immigration Attorneys Can Help

Navigating the various avenues to attain legal permanent residency through an employment-based green card can be complex. Identifying the appropriate path, assessing eligibility, and successfully navigating the steps involved can pose significant challenges without the guidance of a skilled green card attorney.

Canero Fadul Immigration, headquartered in Miami, Florida, stands as a premier immigration firm specializing in employment, family, and humanitarian immigration matters. With a collective experience exceeding 25 years, our firm has earned a reputation for profound knowledge and steadfast dedication to immigration issues.

Our immigration lawyers at Canero Fadul Immigration possess extensive experience in facilitating the immigration process for eligible individuals seeking to establish residency in the United States through employment. We handle every aspect of the process, from aligning qualifications with the appropriate green card category to petition filing and proficiently addressing any obstacles that may arise.

Backed by a team of professionals, we are committed to achieving favorable outcomes for our clients, providing expert guidance and compassionate support throughout their immigration journey. If you're ready to embark on the path to obtaining a green card, we invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our immigration attorneys at Canero Fadul Immigration by completing a brief form.

Want to Start Your Non Immigrant Visa
Book a Consult with Us!

bottom of page